Sautéed Snapper w/Stewed Corn, Okra, Peas & Avocado
Sautéed Snapper with Stewed Corn, Okra, Peas and Crushed Avocado
• 2 lbs. snapper filets, cut into 4 portions (can substitute any flaky white fish)
• Fresh cracked pepper
• Kosher salt
• Grape seed oil
1.Heat a sauté pan on high heat and add ¼ cup oil
2.Season portions of fish with your salt and pepper and add to pan, skin side down.
3.Reduce heat and cook fish until golden brown, roughly 6-8 minutes, then flip. Let cook for another 2 minutes or slightly firm to the touch.
Summer Stewed Veggies
• 1 lb. fresh peas, any variety
• ½ lb. okra
• 3 ears of corn
• ½ lb. bacon (chopped in ¼ inch pieces)
• 2 sweet yellow onions
• 1 chopped fresh jalapeno
• 6 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
• ¼ lb. unsalted butter
• ½ gallon unsalted chicken stock
• 3 dried bay leaves
1. Preheat medium stew pot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, bacon, onions and chopped jalapeno.
2. Once you have developed some color on onions and bacon is a little crispy add garlic, okra, corn, and peas.
3. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat, frequently stirring
4. Add stock and butter.
5. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and 3 bay leaves. Reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
• 2 ripe avocados
• 1 fresh lime
• Kosher salt
• Fresh cracked black pepper
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Remove meat from avocado and add to a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and a drizzle with EVOO.
2. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated but mixture is still chunky.